Monday, October 9, 2017

Fashion Fabrics Club, fabric haul

Last week I placed an order at Fashion Fabrics Club, also known as Denver Fabrics.  Often when you order fabric online, you do not get a good impression of the look and feel of the fabric.  You have to trust the listing and the merchant.

Because FFC allows you to order below a yard on most of their fabrics, it is an incentive to try as much as you can for their great prices.  Once your order arrives, take a discrete inventory of what you found worth buying more.

As a craft person, nothing really goes to waste.  You do have to log your stashes so that you remember what you have, what to reorder, and what is basically a miss!

Code: 
green=hit, something I would definitely order more of in the future.
yellow=neutral, not sure must see it on model
red=not likely, not at all what I expected, poor online description
U/A=unavailable, sold out, was not included in the shipment


There were definitely way more hits than misses.  I am pleased with this shipment.  There were so many greats in this order, I think it is best to review the neutrals, just so I pay special attention to these fabrics and give them a fair shot at rising to green!

48912 Dark Ivory Slub.  I was definitely looking for something in the ivory family, but unfortunately one of FFC's major faux pas is its color coding.  They could use some help in that department with visual imaging.  The fabric has a look of wheat which is a bonus.  But it is ribbed.  We will see! 

63393 Soft Blue Check Shirting.  A little thin, but we shall see.  I am sort of 'light green' on this one.  

and the fail...

62807 Heather Charcoal Jersey Knit.  Looking at the picture, I did not expect ash/charcoal...the kind of way charcoal looks after it is has burned...A huge fan of gray, year around, I know my gray and this one did not live up to the expectation at all.  This one was such a disappointment, I may just abort the notion of finding it in another attempted search.


If I decide to give FFC a chance to redeem themselves on 'heather charcoal', I might go with 63823 Heather Charcoal Cotton Jersey Knit.  The name is close, but the color is very different.  

There is my review of this haul.  

No comments:

Post a Comment