Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Best Friends Club (BFC), Ink Doll - Noelle

As promised, here is my interim review of Noelle from the defunct BFC, Ink dolls.  But first a little background information on the Best Friends Club Doll Series...

Recently, I uncovered that these dolls once sold for around $19.99 at its on sale price, just before they went away.  But, like all great things that go away, they soon become collector's items and the price can go as high as $350 for Calista, priced on Amazon.

Calista was the first doll from this collection that I fancied on sight.  But I was not about to invest that kind of money in any doll regardless if it came with movable joints.  Then I discovered Noelle for a reasonable price and I quickly had designs for her to be featured at the 6th Annual Detroit Doll Show.

The review...

 
Noelle is 1/2 of a twin set, though sold separately.  Her sister is Aleisha.  Noelle stands around 18" tall.  She has movable joints at the elbows, wrists, knees, and ankles.  This Noelle, is from the Summer Splashin' Collection.  She is a beautiful doll with gorgeous chestnut brown eyes and luxurious auburn hair.  



Once I clipped all bindings, strings, and tape, Noelle was finally free.  I quickly pulled her hair up into a tight bun, using the included hair brush, and adorned her in a pair of my lavender tennis shoes.  I hate the sandals that come in the box.  They are too big for her and they are plastic!  


Carrying a yellow tote bag, Noelle is beach ready, dressed in a lavender/pink bathing suit with a matching lilac wrap.  She is what I would call a hybrid between Barbie and Journey Girls.  She is incredibly lithe, but proportionate.  

Her ears are pierced.  I put in a pair of crystal studs.  

I am torn between keeping her all to myself or placing her up for adoption.  While I compile and prepare for the doll show, Winter/Holiday, I will come to a final conclusion.

If I keep her, I would love to design a clothing division for her and other dolls her size.  She is a hard one to let go!  I absolutely adore her.  Noelle has a lot of potential.  

No comments:

Post a Comment