Monday, November 20, 2017

Thankful.

I saw a post that asked "what are you thankful for" and the list is infinity.  But let me abbreviate that list in this moment and say "for the ability to do what I love and share it with the world".

Part of sharing my art is making sure that I am running efficiently.  Next to a good spiritual balance, clean diet and exercise, organization is paramount.

Here is an example of what disorganization can do.  I am slightly OCD about being unable to start unless every tool, even the ones not required for the project at hand, is present.  As this labor of love expanded, I grew to shoe making, which is actually the cornerstone to why I started.  Journey Girls had cute clothes, but their shoes just did not please me. My tools for this craft must be contained in one space.  I lose too much time digging and searching for every thing required.

But now...

Beauty of Creating, the new work space, for the 'cobbler' in me!

I have a dedicated space not just for 'tooling' footwear, but one with reasonably accommodating room for current projects. My vinyl stock no longer rests 'here' and 'there' but together.

Not all of my dolls fit on the top tier, but it holds 15, which is far better than I imagined. When I proposed this unit, I expected the depth to be the distance between the shelves. Instead, it is the distance from the front to back.  No, dolls are not able to stand on anywhere but the top tier.  This was a bonus that I really had not imagined upon ordering.  The height is perfect.

My space allows me to continue, unstressed for the finer details, to be able to continue to do what I love and share it with the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment