Thursday, November 9, 2017

Journey Girl - Chavonne...the new look!

I have reviewed Chavonne and she is very well known and a special part of the collection.  However, I need to review "this Chavonne" because I shaded TRU for introducing her while quietly removing the curly Chavonne out of circulation.

I apologize.  She is still Chavonne, but a look that could have been an addition not a substitution.  As women of color, we have different hues and textures. Her hair should not be straight all of the time, even if it makes her 'ambiguous' to anyone who wants to straighten her hair.

A bigger issue, I feared that her hair was 'hard' and 'wiglike'. To my surprise it is very soft like the curly Chavonne, just straight with curls on the ends. I get why she is present, but a replacement?

Here she is, unboxed, under the lights and camera...


She is a stunning beauty.  I needed to see for myself if she could make the grade and she does. I ordered two for gifts, and this one for myself during two consecutive flash sales at TRU.com.  I also picked up an additional "Kyla" dressed in the New York/Empire State tour outfit!

Beauty of Creating has lots of love for the new Chavonne. More will join us really soon!  But for now she might get a gig in the Detroit Doll Show!  

No comments:

Post a Comment