Monday, April 2, 2018

fabric.com What happened?

A few months ago I was granted a business partnership with fabric.com and was grateful for the opportunity to shop and save.  It seems while one hand graciously welcomed me, another appears to be taking away what made fabric.com my premiere online fabric store.

I believe that more than a year has passed since I placed an order with them.  They still have an awesome web presence and I have been nothing short of amazed with my orders from them.

The problem is that they rarely offer anything less than a yard.  The minimum is quite often 2 or more yards to meet the requirement to purchase.  This is not a problem for those making human garments and able to warehouse bundles of fabric.

For me, a smaller craft house, yards and yards is not practical or economical. Even though I often receive adjusted orders and 'out of stock' listings on my invoices from FFC Fashion Fabric Club, they cater to my business because they allow me to purchase less than a yard.  The website is not boasting color, but I am able to sample in small pieces, make a list of what is favorable for re-order, and find loads of sales.

As much as fabric.com was the premiere spot, it has lost its favor with me.

Even JoAnn's has been on my 'heart' list of late.  Although they also have a sketchy minimum purchase caveat, at least they are local and allow you to shop and ship free to the store!

No comments:

Post a Comment