Saturday, December 2, 2017

Why Fiskars? Rotary Cutter Revisited.

 Beauty of Creating - Free Gift Wrap
My first 'serger' was a pair of Fiskar's pinking sheers, purchased for me by my mother when I asked politely for a $400 overlock/serger.  That was considered 'cheap' in the late 1980's in case you did not know.

When I fashioned a personal sewing area in the basement of my new home in 1999, I not only purchased a SpeedLock, but purchased another pair of pinking shears, along with a rotary cutter. The latter, I abused by not protecting the blades and they rusted.

I never really appreciated the rotary cutter as much I do now.  I have tons of scissors, all are Fiskars, but the rotary cutter is my heavy duty straight cut companion.  Along with the metal ruler (with cork backing) that I use as my cutting guide, I am able to pierce right through craft foam, vinyl, and felt (among others) with perfect lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment