Friday, April 28, 2017

Ruffles and Gathers...Simplified

In my recent efforts of pulling off some impressive ruffles and gathers the hard way, I discovered a smarter way looming on the shelf of knowledge!  The Viking Husqvarna Emerald 183 comes with a gathering tool.  However the tried and true Brother XL 3200 did not.  It does not mean you cannot achieve ruffles and gathers.  

But now I have a few tools to make the Brother XL 3200 continue to rival the Husqvarna Emerald 183.  They arrived yesterday by China Post.  I purchased both on Ebay for pennies compared to the pricey retail tag.  

First, let's take a peek at the Gathering Foot




This little tool makes amazing gathers on the Brother XL 3200.  You help it do its work by loosening the bobbin tension.  It screws right on and goes right to work.  I found it on Ebay for $.99!  It can cost up to $20 retail.  

But here is the beast of the trade.  The Ruffle Foot.  


It works for heavier fabrics making a collection of ruffles.  I purchased it for less that $5 on Ebay.  It retails for as much as $20.  

Take a look at the videos which give an awesome demonstration of how to use both!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment