Sunday, May 28, 2017

Toys R Us brand shift

On a visit to Toys R Us (TRU), expecting to stock up on Journey Girl Dolls thanks to the Memorial Day holiday sale, and to cash in on rewards, sad news awaited.  The Arborland Toys R Us discontinued stocking Journey Girls in exchange for a huge promotion for American Girls etc.

The good news is that Journey Girls remain an active product of TRU, online and at other stores.  The bad news is that the store closest to me has lost a customer for life.

I support all dollies of the 18" variety.  I do not believe the American Girl Dolls are not something I am willing to invest my money.  They just do not motivate me in anyway for nothing other than to design...design...design for Journey Girls.

As a matter of mentioning, I stopped in at Michael's to purchase craft items to build the shoe manufacturing division at Beauty of Creating.

So, for now, my shopping with TRU remains affectionately online.  The curly haired Chavonne's are not in stock.  This could spell a discontinuation.  I hope not.  Curlies rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment