Sunday, October 6, 2019

Great finds of lately...

If I posted all great finds, this blog would be overrun with them.  I always find great things because (1) I am always looking and (2) I am always looking!  🤣🤣🤣

I do feel guilty because many of my great finds get shelved.  They are great to hold, but scheduling prevents me from totally enjoying them.  I am committed to dusting them off and getting them into full service mode!  

But on with it...starting with the smallest, to the largest, in size...

Great Find #1 

Veyette Electric Pencil Sharpener.

Veyette Electric Pencil Sharpener.  
  • Small
  • Runs on 2 AA batteries
  • Runs on USB
  • Runs on electric wall plug 
  • Sharpens fast
  • Quiet
  • Visible sharpening in action
This was a quick and recent impulse.  My trusty old sharpener failed and started chewing up pencils. I searched YouTube for instructions on how to fix it. I tried everything and decided to dump it!  I was not ready to get a new sharpener nor spend the freight to invest in a really good one.  Sharp points on pencils are a must for me and having a dependable sharpener is extra important!  I read the reviews, saw the price tag, and finally decided to go with it.  So far so good!

Great Find #2

ABOX A4 Laminator Machine.

ABOX A4 Laminator Machine.
  • Portable
  • Fast warm up (2-4 mins.)
  • No bubbling effect
  • Comes with laminator sheets
I had a laminator machine years ago in my business office, but somehow in all of my movement it was either left behind or gifted out to a teacher.  A recent project pushed me to look for a machine and I found this one.  With this, I discovered just how much I really needed this machine for other things.  I couldn't resist the price and it has not failed me yet!  

Great Find #3

American Girl WellieWisher - Ashyln Doll

American Girl WellieWisher, Ashlyn Doll
  • 14.5" tall
  • Fully plastic Body
  • Stands on her own
  • Gorgeous hair
  • Cute freckles
Okay, so what did you expect from my review of a doll?  I was never really planning on bringing in a WellieWisher. As I was searching for a petite doll in this height range, my first stop was Hearts for Hearts. If I had acted on my first impulse and adopted a Hs4Hs, I probably wouldn't be here reviewing a WellieWisher. But I waited on the Hs4Hs to reduce in price, and they only increased.  Bummer!  This lead me to make a really tough call and go with the American Girl. The deciding factors are marketability, availability, and definitely the price!

Great Find #4
Brother XM2701 Sewing Machine

Brother XM2701 Sewing Machine.
  • 27 Built-In Stitches
  • Lightweight
  • 6 presser feet
  • Drop-in bobbin
  • 2019 Women's Choice Award winner
  • 25 Year Warranty
  • Price
I had two Brother machines, one I purchased and one that was gifted.  Both failed me.  I need a fine tuned assembly of machines.  Beauty of Creating cannot exist with diva-like episodes from my machines.  Considering the age, and their finicky flaws, I re-gifted them and moved on.  This Brother XM2701 is priced under $100 and is the perfect mechanical in a lightweight convenience!  I'm not big on stitches because that was not required in this replacement to old fails.  

***

Glad to share!  Feel free to comment and share your recent finds of greatness!  If you have any of these items, let us know what you think of yours!

Bye!

 Beauty of Creating Dolls & Accessories

No comments:

Post a Comment